Sunday, August 26, 2018

Landscape Competition 2018

Landscape photography is a very difficult genre of photography for me.  I find I don't end up in the right place at the right time.

This photo though, was taken in Tanzania in 2013.  We had been in the desert for almost a week and were taking the day off filming music videos.  My two friends, Morgan and Natasha and I went for a drive to get away from everything and to scout the location of the next few days filming and we stopped here.  

The sun was low in the sky and the wind blew in just the right direction and the clouds of dirt whipped off into the distance.  Morgan had wandered into the shot as she was enjoying a moment of quiet.



This image won the trophy for best digital image of the night.  It is my favourite image from my two weeks in the desert in Tanzania.